Re: piece title

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: piece title
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:12:51 -0800 (PST)

bart deruyter wrote
> I minimized it to what I think is quite minimal.

minimal is somewhat different...

> I think you can see the difference of location between the piece title
> above the clef, it is adjusted to the position of the note, which is good
> for longer titles. There's no collision with the clef yet, but it is
> coming
> quite close.

an example with a real collision would help more

> My question then was/is, is there a way to change the alignment of the
> piece title to the clef instead of the note, so I won't have to adjust the
> position of it with markup in each score. In that respect, the comments
> about my previous upload do illustrate the problem: quite some code to
> shift through to fix it.

LilyPond lets you define several distance parameters between systems,
scores, headers, markups and more - see
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables,
specifically the /List of flexible vertical spacing \paper variables/

hth
Eluze