Re: help with recompile

From: Bric
Subject: Re: help with recompile
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 06:26:35 -0500

On 02/23/2014 04:58 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:

    On 02/19/2014 03:28 PM, Bric wrote:

        I need to recompile. I upgraded to bleeding-edge, pre-release
        ubuntu Trusty 14.04.  (Yeah. I know. Probably dumb.)

        Got a bunch of packages with build-depend ("sudo apt-get
        build-dep lilypond")

        ./configure is now giving me:

        ERROR: Please install required programs:  FlexLexer.h (flex
        package) libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev
        package). Python.h (python-devel, python-dev or libpython-dev
        package) lh CTAN package (texlive-lang-cyrillic or
        texlive-texmf-fonts)

    OK. I got it down to:

    ERROR: Please install required programs:  FlexLexer.h (flex
    package) libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev
    package). Python.h (python-devel, python-dev or libpython-dev package)

Have you installed the suggested packages? flex, guile-1.8-dev, python-dev, texlive-lang-cyrillic

    My experience says "python" can be a mess, in terms of versions
    (backwards incompatibility).  What version of python(s) does
    lilypond expect?

2.4 is the version of python shipped in the binary packages on the website.
2.7.x is fine as well.
What do you get from?

python -V

$ python -V
Python 2.7.6

$ apt-cache policy python-dev
python-dev:
  Installed: 2.7.5-5ubuntu3
  Candidate: 2.7.5-5ubuntu3
  Version table:
 *** 2.7.5-5ubuntu3 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

    I have installed all the python "*-dev" packages available to
    14.04 at this time ... ( python2.3-dev python2.7-dev python2.4-dev
python2.5-dev python2.6-dev python2.7-dev python-dev libpython2.3 libpython2.4 libpython2.5 libpython2.7
    libpython2.7-dev libpython3.3 libpython3.3-dev libpython3.4
    libpython3.4-dev libpython-all-dev libpython-dev )

    still, lilypond configure complains (!!!)

You installed too many packages. python-dev is usually a dependency package to the default version of python in your system. Maybe the last Ubuntu is using python3? (just a guess)

    guile:  I have tried guile2.0 and guile1.8 (they are mutually
    exclusive; one removes the other on install)

guile2.0 is not supported by lilypond yet

OK.  I currently have:

$ apt-cache policy guile-1.8-dev
guile-1.8-dev:
  Installed: 1.8.8+1-8ubuntu3
  Candidate: 1.8.8+1-8ubuntu3
  Version table:
 *** 1.8.8+1-8ubuntu3 0
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

    flex:  same as with guile, I have installed "flex-old" and
    "libfl-dev", alternatively (mutually exclusive)

Don't you have a flex package?

$ apt-file find FlexLexer.h
bison++: /usr/share/doc/bison++/Example/FlexLexer.h
bisonc++-doc: /usr/share/doc/bisonc++-doc/examples/bison++Example.NEW/FlexLexer.h.gz bisonc++-doc: /usr/share/doc/bisonc++-doc/examples/bison++Example.ORG/FlexLexer.h.gz
flex-old: /usr/include/FlexLexer.h
libfl-dev: /usr/include/FlexLexer.h
libfreehdl0-dev: /usr/include/freehdl/FlexLexer.h
libjsyntaxpane-java-doc: /usr/share/doc/libjsyntaxpane-java-doc/api/jsyntaxpane/lexers/DefaultJFlexLexer.html libjsyntaxpane-java-doc: /usr/share/doc/libjsyntaxpane-java-doc/api/jsyntaxpane/lexers/JFlexLexer.html
libossim-dev: /usr/include/ossim/base/ossimFlexLexer.h
libquickfix-dev: /usr/include/quickfix/FlexLexer.h
mozart: /usr/include/mozart/FlexLexer.h

____________________________

$ sudo apt-get install libfl-dev
[sudo] password for robin:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  flex-old
  libfl-dev
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 16 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/17.4 kB of archives.
After this operation, 383 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
<installation of package completes>

I have gone back and forth between "flex-old" and "libfl-dev", re-./configure-ing with each change, same config error.

by the way, I re-cloned the whole git source from scratch, just in case. DIdn't help, same error.