Fonts rendered too big

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Fonts rendered too big
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 15:00:12 +0100

Hello dear list

on one of my (seldomly used) machines, the lilypond setup is broken in
that fonts are rendered much bigger than expected, while still spaced as
if not enlarged. This simple three-liner:

\version "2.16"
\new Voice = "foo" \relative c' { c d e f }
\addlyrics { ceh deh eh ef }

processed with "lilypond --png" produces the attached result. What can
be the problem here? An underlying system library perhaps? I'm using
2.16.2 on Gentoo Linux, pango is at version 1.34.1.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

The realist knows what he wants; the idealist wants what he knows.