Re: Using only manual page breaks in a large file with many short scores

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Using only manual page breaks in a large file with many short scores
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:06:35 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Morris" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:00 PM

Greetings all,
I have a question about preventing automatic page breaks and only using manual page breaks. I'm working on a large file (72 pages) that has 1-3 separate fiddle tunes per page. Each tune is in a separate file that I include in the main file like this:

% page 1
\include "TuneA.ly"
\include "TuneB.ly"
\pageBreak

% page 2
\include "TuneC.ly"
\include "TuneD.ly"
\include "TuneE.ly"
\pageBreak

Each tune file has its own \score block that contains the music (stored in variables) and the header info for each tune.

I only want page breaks where I manually put them in the main file, but LilyPond occasionally puts them in the middle of a tune when the vertical spacing gets tight on a given page.

\override NonMusicalPaperColumn #'page-break-permission = ##f

--
Phil Holmes