Re: Speaks for itself...

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Speaks for itself...
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:48:08 +0100

> Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Am 24.02.2014 16:13, schrieb David Kastrup:
>>>

>> A tremenduous example of LilyPond's famous instant legibility ;-)
>
> Well, to be fair, with
>
>   \layout {
>     \context {
>       \Voice
>       \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
>       \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
>       completionUnit = #(ly:make-moment 1/2)
>     }
>   }
>
> one arrives at somewhat more conventional output, and a completionUnit
> of 1/4 renders yet another impression.
>
> Either of those more spelled-out syncopations gets the beaming "right".
> But the "raw" form seems to pick its beamings a bit flamboyantly...

Indeed.
For quite some time i've been thinking that we could make more use of
Completion_heads_engraver, especially after improvements made by Pal
Benko.  I realize that it would probably require some work (which i
unfortunately cannot contribute now), but i think that it may be a
good idea to make completion engraver the default eventually.

Which isn't to say that the beaming shouldn't be fixed in itself!

best,
Janek