Re: Using only manual page breaks in a large file with many short scores

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Using only manual page breaks in a large file with many short scores
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:45:39 -0800 (PST)

Federico Bruni-5 wrote
> Ok, so you don't want to change this setup.
> Another workaround to avoid the last system in the last page is using
> page-count in the \paper block of the collection.ly file.
>
> Or better: why not using ragged-last-bottom=##f ? This problem is only in
> the last page, isn't it?

Thanks Federico.  I tried the page-count approach before but it didn't help
on the full file because LilyPond combined two other pages and still split
the same "problem" page into two pages.

The problem was actually on a page in the middle of the file.  I tried
page-breaking = #ly:minimal-breaking

and for some reason this solved it.  Also with my new approach I'll be using
\bookpart like you suggested rather than \pageBreak, so that should work
better I think.

Thanks again,
-Paul