Re: Compiler layout parameters

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Compiler layout parameters
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:04:18 +0100

Am 26.02.2014 10:49, schrieb Carlo Vanoni:
Hi everyone.

I'm a programmer, and I'm used to use command line parameters when compiling a
program.
As an example:

gcc my_source_code.c -I"include_folder" -o my_program

Here, I tell the compiler to watch inside "include_folder" for files to include
during the copilation process.

My idea is to define a layout behaviour at compile time.
Why? Here is an example.
I have a bass guitar transcription. For teaching purpose, I add to each note
which left-hand finger to use. Then, I would like to have a more clean score
for me, without oll these numbers on top of the note.
Basically, I would like to use the seme .ly file with all the infos, and then
use (pseudo code here...)

   lilypond my_score.ly omit_finger_tips ##f

to create the teaching score, and

   lilypond my_score.ly omit_finger_tips ##t

to create the cleaner score.

Is there a way to do this?
And does it make any sense to you?

It _does_ makes sense, and it _is_ possible.

With the command line option -dinclude-settings you can specify a file that is included before the score is processed.

You should write two (or more) such settings files that can define your different layouts, then you can select on the command line which of these files is used for compilation.

HTH
Urs

Thanks!
MIX