Re: glissando in fingering notation

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: glissando in fingering notation
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:54:14 +0100

I tried it out, worked perfectly as in the snippet you showed, from the b to the a, but when adding the same override to the second one, from d to c, it does not work anymore (the 1 to 1 fingering instructions)

I added the code for what I think should be added in the snippet, but I think the issue is clear, the glissando for finger 2 skips the next note where a new glissando should start, for finger 1, but because it is skipped by the first glissando, it doesn't get rendered.

grtz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook
On Twitter
On Identi.ca
On Google+

Hey, thank you very much, I'll look into it, indeed exactly what I need :-)
seems like I really still need to learn a lot of lilypond and mainly scheme I guess.

I've already started a github repository for a collection of folk-tunes ( https://github.com/bartart3d/folk ), it is still very small, but maybe it would be a good idea to collect instrument specific snippets in a repository as well.
I collect them personally in a 'guitarstuff.ly' file, but if it would be organised well and shared, such library could be used by everyone. I'm willing to share my guitarstuff of course, nothing new in there I guess, but for the guitarists among us it would be an include away :-).

Just a thought, maybe an idea for future development, like we do for assigning the right instrument to midi:

\instrument = "guitar"

at the start of the score, causing it to load all instrument specific overrides additional engravers and settings, shorthand notation etc. in one go.

grtz,

Bart

Hi all,

Hi Bart,