Re: Hiding specific staves/removing delimiters

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Hiding specific staves/removing delimiters
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:02:01 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bridge" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:49 PM

Phil Holmes-2 wrote
Is:

\layout {
\context {
\Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves
\override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first = ##t

what you're looking for?

--
Phil Holmes

As a last resort, that would work, but there are many more instruments apart from the strings in question (violas) and I prefer to have them all visible
on the first page. I was more looking for a way to hide only one specific
staff instead of all of them. Though it is useful to know how to do that, so
thanks.

Try:

\new Score {
<<
\new Staff { R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 }
\new Staff { R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 }
\new Staff { R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 }
\new Staff \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first = ##t } { R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 }

}

\layout {
\context {
\Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves