Re: Hiding specific staves/removing delimiters

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Hiding specific staves/removing delimiters
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:42:41 -0500

Hi,

> It's helpful to be able to see exactly what
> properties and subproperties each grob allows the user to access and what
> parameters those properties accept

I’ve often thought it would be relatively easy for someone with a [fairly
limited] knowledge of Scheme and C++ (or maybe even just texinfo?) to write a
script that would generate the following kind of documentation (e.g., in a new
’properties’ doc section/file):

    Notehead
        duration-log (integer) => note-head::calc-duration-log
        extra-spacing-height (pair of numbers) =>
ly:note-head::include-ledger-line-height
        glyph-name (string) => note-head::calc-glyph-name
        stem-attachment (pair of numbers) => ly:note-head::calc-stem-attachment
        stencil (stencil) => ly:note-head::print
        X-offset (number) => ly:note-head::stem-x-shift
        Y-extent (pair of numbers) => #<unpure-pure-container
#<primitive-procedure ly:grob::stencil-height> >
        Y-offset (number) => #<unpure-pure-container #<primitive-procedure
ly:staff-symbol-referencer::callback> >
        font-interface.font-encoding (symbol) => [whatever the default setting
is]
        font-interface.font-family (symbol) => [whatever the default setting is]
        font-interface.font-name (string) => [whatever the default setting is]
        font-interface.font-series (symbol) => [whatever the default setting is]
        font-interface.font-shape (symbol) => [whatever the default setting is]
        font-interface.font-size (number) => [whatever the default setting is]
    etc.

After all, all that information is already in a computer-readable format,
spread across the various docs (esp. Notation and Internals) and, in some
cases, the code itself.

Again, though, it’s up to someone to take it on as a personal project, or it
won’t get done.
I’ve not got nearly the coding chops to do it, nor the time or inkling to learn
those chops — and my sponsorship budget is prioritized elsewhere.  =\

Cheers,
Kieren.