Re: 2 stanzas, different voice, how to align

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: 2 stanzas, different voice, how to align
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 22:20:06 -0000

Ed, you wrote: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:39 PM

>I have a case where I have three measures that I have to score with two
> voices. When I try to add the lyrics, I can figure out how to align the
> fist verse with the first voice and the second verse with the second
> voice. I've attached a small sample file and a graphic revealing what I get.
>
> The first verse is fine. The second verse, however, lines up under the
> first and that's not what I want. Here I should have the second verse
> aligned with the second voice (the smaller notes).
>
> Any ideas how to go about getting that?

Yes.  You can use\addlyrics to do this, but you need to put each
\addlyrics command immediately after each \new Voice command.
That means rearranging your \score layout somewhat.

But I advise you to look into the alternative way using \new Lyrics
and \lyricsto.  This is far more flexible.  See
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/voices-and-vocals

Trevor