Re: Feedback for starting a crowd funding campaign

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Feedback for starting a crowd funding campaign
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:33:30 +0100

Am 05.03.2014 15:26, schrieb address@hidden:
Urs:
- make lilyglyphs available to plain latex
    (instead of only xe- and lua-)
    (Karl Hammar has volunteered)

Proof of concept:

http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/lilyfont.readme
http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/lilyfont.pl
http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/lilyfont.tex
http://turkos.aspodata.se/tmp/lilyfont.pdf

Next step is to find a suitable mapping between the postscript glyphs
names and a the latex commands in the resulting .sty file, I could
possible extract that and scaling and raise info from the lilyglyphs
package.

Maybe it would be a more generic/straightforward/maintainable approach not to create a parallel approach but to inject it in the current behaviour:
- generate a mapping between the postscript and the OpenType glyph names
- create an additional implementation to access the glyphs from the font
  (currently there are different implementations to access the glyphs
   when running lualatex or xelatex)
- use \lilyGetGlyph just as for the existing versions.

This wouldn't automatically create commands for all existing glyphs but it would make the use consistent regardless of the used latex engine.

But actually I don't know enough about this to be able to say anything _really_ useful (which is why I haven't implemented it so far.

Urs

Hälsningar,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data