Re: Feedback for starting a crowd funding campaign

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Feedback for starting a crowd funding campaign
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:42:53 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

>> If we reach the goal we will update the source repository to a usable state
>> and remove the references to the publisher.
>
> Why remove them?  After all, it _was_ published by Sound-rel.

And I suppose the printed editions will remain available there.  So it
would be self-defeating to remove the references to it.  The point is to
have the source available for use, study, and modification.  But there
is absolutely no reason not to make a commercial variant available and
use the freely available source as an advertisement for it.

>> _And_ we'll significantly reduce the retail prices for the printed
>> books.

That's something I'm not sure I'd overstress.  Reducing retail prices
should be more or less dependent on overall sales, not all that much on
the Kickstarter.  Of course, both are related.  But you don't want the
"I'll wait until it becomes cheaper" effect...

--
David Kastrup