Re: Is this reasonable/playable (guitar)?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Is this reasonable/playable (guitar)?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 21:45:50 +0100

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 05.03.2014 20:49, schrieb David Kastrup:
>>
>>> I am not top-posting
>>
>> I want to avoid ossia staves.  They seem reasonably self-evident as
>> alternatives for the potentially less playable runs (probably the end is
>> the clincher).  But how bad are those, anyway?  The Midi sounds doable.
>> And I am too lazy to look for my guitar and skills.
>
> You mean measure 26? I'd play them with hammer-ons, so some added slurs
> would be nice:

I prefer to think of them as a straight run, so even if the player
chooses to play them as hammer-on, I don't want to put that into the
notation.  I was considering a phrasing slur over the runs, but then
I actually like to think of them more as leggiero.  Can probably be
played with three-finger alternating picking if the player is into it.

So the absence of more definite instructions is intentional to let the
player make the best of it.

--
David Kastrup