Re: Repeat Box

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Repeat Box
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:40:05 +0100

Hi list,

Am 06.03.2014 14:42, schrieb David Nalesnik:
Hi Marc, all,

[...]
I'm a bit conflicted about this.  Once the LSR is upgraded, it might be
possible to upload it there, where it will be more accessible to others
and in a safe place.

On the other hand, the method it uses to incorporate the new grobs is
problematic, and might even interfere with compiling the LSR (not sure).
  You'll run into problems when you use it with a batch of files (rather
than compiling files singly): there's bleed-over between sessions, so
you get errors concerning redefinition of the added properties.

With bar lines, I had a similar issue. Would define-session and
define-session-public stop the bleed-over?

This is really the only way there is to add a new grob now from an ly
file, though.  My motivation in using this method was convenience.
  There's no need (yet) to work in a development environment, and it's
easy for others to try it out and offer suggestions without needing to
apply patches.  Once it's in a usable state, I would move the various
parts into their rightful places: the grob definitions into
define-grobs.scm, for example.  (Bleed-over problem solved.)

Honestly, I'd love for this to make it into the code base someday.

Does it make sense to create a patch for it together with a small
paragraph describing the limitations? Once the stuff is 'official',
it is easier for someone else to enhance it.

Just my 2ct,

Marc