Re: Probably again: spacing problems with lyrics

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Probably again: spacing problems with lyrics
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:20:43 -0000

Hi Marc

> I have (again) problems understanding the spacing between lyrics and
> staves below. Attaced is an example with three stanzas, and I want to
> increase the distance between the lowest lyric line and the next
> saff line.
>
> IIUC, it is some nonstaff-nonrelated-staff thingy, but if I follow
> the instructions in the NR, nothing changes :-(
>
> What am I doing wrong here? The spacing system is still mysterious
> to me ...

You're using the spacing controls for spacing _within_ a system.
You need the ones for spacing _between_ systems.  These are
paper variables.  Try

\paper {
  system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = 50
}

and for more refinement see
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables

Trevor