Double bar line suppresses following repeat bar line

From: Patrick or Cynthia Karl
Subject: Double bar line suppresses following repeat bar line
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 15:57:19 -0500

The following snippet:

\version "2.18.0"

music = \relative b' {
   \repeat volta 2 { \repeat unfold 3 { c4 c c c } }
   \alternative {
        { c1 }
        { g1  }
   }

%   \bar "||"

   \break

   \repeat volta 2 { \repeat unfold 5 { a4 a a a } }
}

\score {
   \new Staff \music
   \layout {}
}

places a simple single bar line at the end of the 2nd alternative.  My client
wishes it to be a double bar line instead.  I can do that by uncommenting the
"\bar "||" line, but that has the unfortunate side effect of eliminating the
initial repeat bar line of the following section.

Is there a way to place a double bar line at the end of the 1st line without
interfering with the repeat bar line that follows?