Re: Double bar line suppresses following repeat bar line

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Double bar line suppresses following repeat bar line
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 21:28:37 -0000

Patrick or Cynthia Karl wrote Sunday, March 09, 2014 8:57 PM

> The following snippet:

[snippet]
> places a simple single bar line at the end of the 2nd alternative.  My client
> wishes it to be a double bar line instead.  I can do that by uncommenting the
> "\bar "||" line, but that has the unfortunate side effect of eliminating the
> initial repeat bar line of the following section.
>
> Is there a way to place a double bar line at the end of the 1st line without
> interfering with the repeat bar line that follows?

You'll need to define an appropriate bartype and code it at the appropriate
place, like this:

\defineBarLine "||.|:" #'("||" ".|:" "")

music = \relative b' {
   \repeat volta 2 { \repeat unfold 3 { c4 c c c } }
   \alternative {
 { c1 }
 { g1  \bar "||.|:" }
   }

%   \bar "||"

   \break

   \repeat volta 2 { \repeat unfold 5 { a4 a a a } }
}

\score {
   \new Staff \music
   \layout {}
}

More details are a little way down this section:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/bars#bar-lines

Trevor