Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.15

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.15
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

Wilbert Berendsen-4 wrote
> Dear Friends,
>
> Frescobaldi 2.0.15 is out. Main reason for such a quick new release is
> the fixing of some annoying bugs that could popup while typing certain
> constructs. And the figuremode highlighting finally has been implemented.
>
> There is a new browser-like navigation to the definition of variables
> and to included files. You can Ctrl-click or Alt+Return on a variable
> reference or include command (e.g. \sopranoMusic or \include
> "somefile.ly") and Frescobaldi will jump to the included file, or to the
> exact position of the definition of sopranoMusic (even if in an included
> file).
>
> Then you can Alt-Backspace to go back. There are also two new arrow
> buttons in the toolbar for this. If you have multiple views and the
> target document is visible in a different view, Frescobaldi will nicely
> switch to the other view and back.
>
> Download: http://www.frescobaldi.org/download or directly at:
> https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/releases
>
> Enjoy,
> and thanks to the early adopters of 2.0.14 that pointed out some bugs!
>
> Wilbert
>
> --
> Wilbert Berendsen
> http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/

Hello,

I don't understand what you mean by "browser-like navigation", and those
shortcut keys you mention don't seem to work on my Windows build. I'm sure
it's because I'm doing something wrong.

Can you elaborate a little please on what's new? I usually use the outline
window while I input, but I'm confused about this new feature you mention.

Thanks so much!

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer