Re: Winterreise

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Winterreise
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:27:21 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> But while we're at it I had an idea about a project that could become
> similar to the Bach projects: We could try to prepare a crowd funded
> edition of Schubert's "Winterreise".
>
> This is not only something pulled out of the corner because it's a
> prominent piece. There really _are_ significant aspects that can be
> added to the existing editions.

Well, quite banally: as a song circle for a single singer, it is a
rather obvious target for individually transposed versions.

An even more prominent target for "individually transposed versions"
would be Monteverdi's Vespers as they are usually adopted according
tunings, voice distribution, instrumentation and a few other things,
partly per-piece.

--
David Kastrup