Re: Winterreise

From: ul
Subject: Re: Winterreise
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:06:23 +0100

Zitat von Peter Crighton <address@hidden>:

Am 12.03.2014 10:23, schrieb Jan Warchoł:

I'd be really interested in such a project, but I have to say that I
could
only really consider it if it is sufficiently crowdfunded beforehand.
And I
think it would be expensive.

I'd be interested, too!  Actually, at Waltrop 2012 we were thinking about
Kickstarter campaign, but didn't decide anything then...

And i think that a recording is **very** important from the crowdfunding
point of view, because that's something _anyone_ can "consume", as opposed
to sheet music.  Really, i think that a recording would make success 3
times more likely.

Anyway, we shall see how this campaign turns out, and then what
commissions
we may get after the award.  So i've marked the beginning of May as "look
at Winterreise again" :)

Yes, and we can't start such an undertaking as a duo project. To be
promising it should be backed by a number of contributors right from the
start. And with contributors I don't mean "hired copyists".

What do you mean then? :)

I mean people that take some (administrative) responsibility on their own.
There are so many things to do and keep track of in such a project, we can't do this alone. Just out of my head one would need people that

- can administer a Git repo
- can create a professional campaign
- have experience with "spreading the word"
- can design (and perhaps maintain) a website
- can discuss and implement innovative web interfaces (for the end user presentation)
- have perhaps a better idea about money

... could be continued ...

I’d be very interested in being part of this.

Taken into account :-)

Urs

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de