Fwd: Replace dot symbol?

From: David Stephen Grant
Subject: Fwd: Replace dot symbol?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 23:08:59 +0100

Paul, this certainly cleans things up! Thank you.
A minor follow up question - in this code the cross notehead "dot" glyph is being printed and offset through markup - would it be possible to replace the symbol directly (\once \override Dots #'stencil = #??????), ensuring that the new glyph would be printed in the exact same position?
David

On 16 March 2014 22:00, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
David Stephen Grant wrote
> Ideally I'd like to be able to append something other than . to a
> duration,
> that would then automatically assign the correct duration value to the
> note, and change the dot symbol.

Hello, the next step would be to put your solution in a music function as
shown below.  Then you would just add \crs (or whatever you called your
fuction) before any dotted note you wanted to make a "crossed" note.  Pretty
close to your ideal scenario, but not all the way.

HTH,
-Paul

\version "2.18.0"

crs =
#(define-music-function
  (parser location note)
  (ly:music?)
  #{
    \once \override Dots #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
    \once \override Dots #'text = \markup {
      \halign #-2
      \abs-fontsize #6
      \musicglyph #"noteheads.s2cross"