Re: minor chords

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: minor chords
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 22:03:49 -0400

Hi Simon (et al.),

> I think this is one of the few questions where it’s really difficult to
> establish a standard.

Agreed.
It’s the one big disappointment that I have in Gould’s engraving book: she
doesn’t even address the subject at all!!

> Plus: there’s still some leap between the lilypond standard output – which
> one may usually take as „standard” indeed – and other options which are
> available if one looks for them.

I’ve always found the Lilypond chord names default(s) to be totally
unacceptable; I have a ChordNames.ly standard include, which changes font,
size, placement, and contains an almost complete rewrite of the chord symbols.

Cheers,
Kieren.