Re: Temporary polyphony with lyrics

From: David Stephen Grant
Subject: Re: Temporary polyphony with lyrics
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:20:08 +0100

Hello,
A suggestion using spacer notes in the second voice.
Best,
David

\version "2.18.0"

<<

  \new Staff {

    <<

      \new Voice = "first"

      \relative c' {

      \voiceOne

        c1

        c'1

        c,1

      }

    \new Voice = "second"

      \relative c' {

        \voiceTwo

        s1

        c1

        s1

  \new Lyrics {

    \lyricsto "first" {

      One one one

  \new Lyrics {

    \lyricsto "second" {

      two

On 17 March 2014 05:34, TaoCG <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey all,

I have a one-staff vocal part where I need somewhere in the middle a
temporary two-voice part withe different lyrics to each voice but my
attempts so far have failed and I have the feeling that I'm trying to solve
this the wrong way.
I prepared a minimal example and what strikes me as odd is that after the
temporary polyphony all notes are registered on the same time as if duration
wasn't important anymore.
I also tried \set associatedVoice with named voices instead of \addlyrics
but then the lyrics simply won't show.

\version "2.18.0"

foo = \relative
{