Re: using a scheme function, but with a different name

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: using a scheme function, but with a different name
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:29:44 +0100

Am 17.03.2014 12:21, schrieb Stefan Thomas:
Dear community,
I would like to use a scheme-function, but with a different name:
fourquarterRests = #(define-music-function (parser location  ANFANG  ENDE )
(number?  number? )
#{ \scaleDurations #(cons (+ 1(- ENDE ANFANG)) 1) {R1 } #})

I want to use the function with the name "IVvR" but, for backwards
compatibility, I also want to keep the old name.
How can I do this?

Can't try out a solution right now, but generally you'd have to write a "IVvR" function that internally calls the old implementation, as an alias frontend, so to say.

Or (if the implementation has changed significantly too):
Write a new "internal" function and write two "interface" functions with the desired old and new names that _use_ that internal function.

Good luck
Urs