Re: updated margins-a4-letter.ly

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: updated margins-a4-letter.ly
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:01:25 -0700 (PDT)

Graham Percival-2 wrote
> Here's a slightly updated version of my "produce the same score on
> A4 and letter paper".  Should be easier to understand.
>
> Valentin, could you add a wishlist for LSR: snippets that don't
> produce any output.  I'd like to check a box and have LSR not even
> attempt to compile this snippet; I think it'll complain since it
> doesn't produce any pdf or png.  All stylesheets will need this
> extra option.
>
> No, I don't like the "solution" of adding a { c'4 } to the bottom
> of the page.

I recently was needing to solve this same A4 vs Letter paper problem.
Searching the list archives I found this excellent solution already written
by Graham (thanks!).  I think it merits being added to the LSR or somewhere
where it can be more easily found and used.

Maybe at this point including it in the LSR with a { c'4 } "hack" is better
than not including it at all?  I'd be glad to submit it.  (Or should we hold
out for an LSR option for snippets that have no visual output?)

Cheers,
-Paul