Re: using a scheme function, but with a different name

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: using a scheme function, but with a different name
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:50:49 +0100

Dear David,
thanks for Your help.
There seems to be a problem with the function itself.
Whith the below quoted snippet, I get the error:
taktartentest.ly:3:21: error: GUILE signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here
fourquarterRests = #
                    (define-music-function (parser location  ANFANG  ENDE ) (number?  number? )
Here is the snippet:

\version "2.18.0"
fourquarterRests = #(define-music-function (parser location  ANFANG  ENDE ) (number?  number? )
global = {
\time 4/4 s1*4
}
Music = \relative c' {
  \fourquarterRests #1 #2
c4 c d d e e d d
}
\score {
<<
\new Devnull \global
\new Staff \Music

Stefan Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear community,
> I would like to use a scheme-function, but with a different name:
> fourquarterRests = #(define-music-function (parser location  ANFANG  ENDE )
> (number?  number? )
> #{ \scaleDurations #(cons (+ 1(- ENDE ANFANG)) 1) {R1 } #})
>
> I want to use the function with the name "IVvR" but, for backwards
> compatibility, I also want to keep the old name.
> How can I do this?

IVvR = #fourquarterRests

if I understand what you want.  The description leaves something to be
desired.

--
David Kastrup