Re: Time?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Time?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 09:03:05 +0100

N. Foulon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi.
> My input region looks like this:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
> \time 3/4
> \relative c'''
> {c d e f g a}
>
> and the Frescobaldi log looks like this:
>
> Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.18.2 [Untitled]...
> Processing `c:/users/north/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-
> iypxpr/tmpjb72su/document.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> Preprocessing graphical objects...
> Interpreting music...
> Preprocessing graphical objects...
> Finding the ideal number of pages...
> Fitting music on 1 page...
> Drawing systems...
> programming error: system with empty extent
> continuing, cross fingers
> Layout output to `document.ps'...
> Converting to `./document.pdf'...
> Success: compilation successfully completed
> Completed successfully in 0.8".
>
> But my score does not reflect the time signature at all.

There are two scores in your input (every standalone music expression at
top level is a score).

The first score is \time 3/4 and that is the one that lilypond calls
"system with empty extent".

The second score is \relative c''' { c d e f g a } and is set in the
default 4/4.

> It has the six notes I inputted, but it is all in common time. Am I
> missing something?

Put { ... } around your music expressions in order to turn them into a
single music expression and consequently a single score.

--
David Kastrup