Re: minor chords (and a possible transition to a new topic)

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: minor chords (and a possible transition to a new topic)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:47:13 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:34 PM

On 17/03/2014 10:40, Robert Schmaus wrote:
But there's another thing that surprises me in this discussion: I always thought that Lilypond is mainly being used and intended for "classical" (exact) music.
I think it's always been intended to produce "beautiful music for any usage requirement". The snag is that that is actually very hard. I regularly use it for Band parts, and the difference between one and two pages is the difference between playable and unplayable music. My gripe is there is no setting that says "force everything onto one page, beauty be damned".

in \paper{}...
page-count = 1 ?

But hey. At the end of the day, lily does a very good job :-)

Cheers,
Wol