Re: lyrics hyphens question

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: lyrics hyphens question
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:46:54 -0500

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:

You might be interested in the following thread:

This thread went private after a time, and I proposed the attached solution.  Mike S. had suggested the use of a new grob to collect syllables, and this is what I did.  The new grob is called "LyricWord," and it groups syllables and hyphens.  Collecting grobs like this allows for fairly easy manipulation.  The file contains some *bonus* functions which illustrate stuff you can with the new LyricWord grobs.
Amazing! This is a fix for issue 2458, isn’t it? There is no entry in the tracker yet.
Will this make it into the code base?

Yes, I suppose that it could be incorporated as a fix.

The only awkwardness would be that the Scheme engraver would have to be consist-ed, as it's not currently possible to add it to the definition of Lyrics in the codebase.  (Some problem due to automatic generation of documentation, I believe.)  The engraver could be rewritten in C++, but I'd like to hold off on that!

As this touches on the "Lyrics Project," I'm cc'ing Janek. address@hidden: how would this figure into your long-range plans?  Will it--and here I'm thinking mostly of a LyricWord grob--be a help or a hindrance?

Best,
David