Re: short Musikmesse minutes

From: Anthonys Lists
Subject: Re: short Musikmesse minutes
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:02:48 +0000

On 20/03/2014 10:30, Urs Liska wrote:
I think that LilyPond's main strength is transformative use: different
page formats, different media, different transpositions, individual
variations.

Yes, and I have/had the impression that it _is_ possible now to promote this feature. Of course I don't expect the final outcome to match my current enthusiasm, but I'll surely keep you informed about my progress.

Given my experience of buying some pieces, this is actually an extremely useful use.

Okay, my experience is old, but I bought some pieces by P.D.Q.Bach. For a small score (ten pages?) the number of transcription errors between the score and parts was amazing. Iirc the score was correct, but the parts had errors galore.

Cheers,
Wol