Re: Glissando function

From: Benjamin Fluehr
Subject: Re: Glissando function
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:15:59 -0500

Thank you for the great advice, Thomas and David. I was able to construct my desired function as follows:

\version  "2.18.0"
% Voice leading lines are drawn as dashed glissandi
voiceLine =
#(define-music-function
  (parser location staffA staffB noteA noteB)
  (string? string? ly:music? ly:music?)
  #{
    \override Glissando #'style = #'dashed-line
    \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #0
    \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t

    \change Staff = #staffA <>\glissando #noteA
    \change Staff = #staffB #noteB
  #})

This can then be called in the music as, for example:
\voiceLine "down" "up" a2 a2