Re: Ambitus - emphasizing pitch

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Ambitus - emphasizing pitch
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 20:06:13 +0100

> Am 09.03.2014 22:09, schrieb Thomas Morley:
>
>> \new Voice
>>    \with { \consists "Ambitus_engraver" keySignature = #'() }
>>      \relative c'' {
>>        \key c \minor
>>        ees,2 dis'
>>      }
>
> I just had another look at this, because I wanted to use it myself, and
> found out there is no documentation on this (it's an optional second
> argument for \consists specifying properties of the engraver, isn't it?).
> Intentionally? There might be other applications also.
>
> Regards, Simon

Hi Simon,

you're wrong.

There are two _different_ entries in \with { ... }
The first adds the Ambitus_engraver to the Voice.
The second sets the keySignature to an empty list on voice level and
is _read_ by the Ambitus_engraver.
keySignature is _always_ read by that engraver, setting it to an empty
list results in printed accidentals.

Better readable would have been:
\with {
  \consists "Ambitus_engraver"