Re: "dodecaphonic-first" accidental style

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: "dodecaphonic-first" accidental style
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 01:22:51 +0100

Am 24.03.2014 15:45, schrieb Rutger Hofman:

Right, so there is a new style dodecaphonic-no-repeat from 2.19.3 onwards. But it does something else than the style dodecaphonic-first that I wrote about, long ago. dodecaphonic-no-repeat suppresses accidentals for immediately repeated notes. dodecaphonic-first suppresses accidentals for any notes that already occurred earlier in the bar. My opinion is that there is still good use for dodecaphonic-first; the main reason is that wiping out undesired accidentals leaves visible traces because it consumes horizontal space.
This I find very interesting: even if the accidental’s stencil is turned off, it still takes up horizontal space. Seems like a bug, doesn’t it?

Greetings, Simon