Re: Strange font in \markup {} with \Dynamics ?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Strange font in \markup {} with \Dynamics ?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:49:40 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:59 PM
Subject: Strange font in \markup {} with \Dynamics ?

 Howdy!

      I am fixing up one of my transcriptions for 2 guitars by centering
some dynamics between
the staves.

     Seems to work fine except when I want to combine  \dynamic with
text.. I can't the font to work correctly

[snip]

        Why do I get that weird font instead of \italic ? Doesn't matter
what I
change to font to, it is always the same.. fontsize works and hspace work

From the NR where make-dynamic-script is introduced:

"In general, make-dynamic-script takes any markup object as its argument. The dynamic font only contains the characters f,m,p,r,s and z, so if a dynamic mark that includes plain text or punctuation symbols is desired, markup commands that reverts font family and font
encoding to normal text should be used, for example \normal-text."

--
Phil Holmes