Re: Exact stem length?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Exact stem length?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 07:46:52 -0500

Hi Urs,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 26.03.2014 12:25, schrieb Urs Liska:

BTW: Does anybody have a good name for that notation?

pitchedGlissando
pitchedStems
fastScale
fuzzyScale

???

I think the last one matches the intention quite well.

Sure, that would work.  Or what about "stemmedGlissando"?

It seems to me that this is a special case of using stems to impose some sort of articulation (like bow changes) on a glissando, such as you see all over the place in Lutoslawski.

Mike S. worked on this a while back, but unfortunately the patch is marked "abandoned".  The issue is 1727, where he refers to them as "glissando stems."

HTH,
David