Re: [SPAM] Re: Exact stem length?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Exact stem length?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:46:13 +0100

Am 26.03.2014 21:38, schrieb Piaras Hoban:
Urs and Fredrik, thanks for input on this -much appreciated.

I'm going to think about stem-distribution for a few days and see if a good
solution comes to mind.

Urs you raised the issue of horizontal spacing in the snippet... perhaps
just using a very short base duration for the stemmedGlissando will help
here?

I'll try that. The fundamental issue with it is that the stemmed glissando actually shouldn't be in any way linked to the timing of the main music.

As for now, I've re-jigged this a bit to make it work more like
\afterGrace, as I think they are sisters.

Overall it should be more robust and it appears more in line with how I
usually see these things notated in scores nowadays.

The image looks absolutely marvelous - much more than what I initially wanted, can be used for a number of different notational uses. If we (that is probably mainly you) get this to a reasonably stable state it is definitely a worthwile enhancement of the LilyPond toolkit!

Best and thanks so far
Urs

all best,

piaras