Printing Title Pages; has it been a thought?

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Printing Title Pages; has it been a thought?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:31:29 -0500

I am curious overall on what might be a useful enhancement:

Has anyone thought about writing a permanent title page feature for lilypond? You know, something that I could invoke through the paper block?

I perused a very light search for this kind of thing, and I didn't find anything.

I'm surprised why this hasn't been introduced into Lilypond's code. For example, it could look something like this in the \paper block:

print-title-page = ##t

... and it could be set to be ##f by default. It would print all the information inside the \header{} of course... I think this could be really useful, but I wonder if I am missing something here as to why it hasn't been done yet.

I am not familiar with scheme, nor a programmer by any means, but I would be willing to pay for this feature. How hard could it be?

I know that with Sibelius, there is a default title page, perhaps we could gleam from that as far as sizing, spacing, etc?

I'm wanting to get people's thoughts.

Sincerely,

Josh