Re: acciaccatura before barline

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: acciaccatura before barline
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:11:53 -0400

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:16:51 +0100
Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> consider the attached image.
> Apart from the problematic slur which I don't want to deal with
> right now, how can I typeset the acciaccatura _before_ the
> barline.
>
> I was thinking of hacking something with \afterGrace, but
> that's not what it is.

But that is what it is. The legatura (slur) should attach to a
previous something in the previous measure if
you want the grace before the beat. If that is not what
you mean, omit the legatura and just use small notes. What
you want would have notes before the beat which the legatura
mark indicates to be played on the beat. That is a
self-contradiction, and therefore ambiguous.
Regards, Rale

--
For All Guitar Beginners: The pages of very easy solos missing
from all of the published guitar methods of others.