Re: [SPAM] Re: acciaccatura before barline

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: acciaccatura before barline
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:14:54 +0100

Thanks, that's clarifying. Abs confirming that my model's notation is "correct".

David Stephen Grant <address@hidden> schrieb am 27.03.2014:
Elaine Gould writes: "Grace notes sounding on the beat should always be placed after the barline. However, a group of three or more grace notes sounding before the beat may go before the barline so that the first beat of the following bar is not pushed too far from the barline." (Behind Bars, p. 127). However, to avoid ambiguity it is recommended to specify how the grace notes should be performed, eg. "All grace notes to be performed before/on the beat". As for slurs, she advises slurring to the following measured value provided that this is the intended articulation. Kurt Stone (Music Notation in the Twentieth Century, p. 22) seems to recommend omitting the slur entirely, and adding a staccato dot if the grace note(s) should be detached.