Re: avoiding collisions between rest and stems when writing multiple exp

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: avoiding collisions between rest and stems when writing multiple expressions
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:33:11 +0100

Jordan B <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello - When writing multiple expressions, I find the rest collides with
> the stem of notes. Like so:
>
>  \version "2.14.2"
>

> \relative c' {
>
> \clef bass
>
> %the quarter rest is bumping against the dotted half note
>
> b1
>
> << fis2. { r4 <<d' fis>> <<d fis>>} >>
>
> }
>
> Is there a better way to write this so this does not happen?

You probably mean something like

\version "2.14.2"

\relative c' {
  \clef bass
  b1
  << { r4 <d fis> <d fis>} \\ fis,2. >>
}

You really should take a look at least at LilyPond's tutorial pages to
figure out how to arrange your input.

And 2.14.2 is rather ancient.  2.16 was released almost two years ago,
and 2.18.2 is current.

--
David Kastrup