Systems Centred Per Page

From: Piaras Hoban
Subject: Systems Centred Per Page
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 17:15:15 +0000

Hi all,

There seems to have been some discussion of issues related to page margins on the list lately so perhaps it is timely to see if someone can help me with a current headscratcher.

I'm trying to find a way to automatically centre each system in a score, assuming ragged-right is true and one system per page.

At present I can only achieve this result by hand via markup commands. (see attached file for example - also for an outline of what I'm after visually).

Ideally, I would like to be able to write a scheme function that could set page margins on a page by page basis.

Is something like this possible within the bounds of lilypond's current spacing and page-breaking routines?

thanks for your help,

piaras