Re: Vertical spacing on final page of score

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing on final page of score
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 09:46:13 +0100

On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 09:37 +0100, Graham King wrote:
I'm having a bit of a struggle with the spacing of systems on the final page of a 12-page score.  With
\paper { ragged-last-bottom = ##t }
the final page has three systems crowded together, followed by a sea of whitespace, then the copyright line.  But with
\paper { ragged-last-bottom = ##f }
the spacing between systems is reasonable but the final system is too close to the copyright line.

I've tried various things, including:

<chagrin> I just discovered a keyboard shortcut for "send" </chagrin>
continued... Adding whitespace above the copyright line has no effect at all.
A small change in system-system-spacing ( #29 to #30 ) flips from no effect to the same as ragged-last-bottom = ##f.

Before I start working blindly through all 4*8 = 32 permutations of the "vertical spacing \paper" variables, please could some kind person give me a hint?

thanks, in anticipation