Re: Ambitus on certain section only

From: ayutheos
Subject: Re: Ambitus on certain section only
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 23:49:50 +0800

On 30 March 2014 23:31, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
I did reply, but you seem to have ignored that.

I did see your reply but didn't know how to go about implementing it.

Anyway, making the following changes will give what you want:

melodyI = \relative c' {
s1*4 c4 d e f g a b c | b2 c | d1
}

(note the s1*4), and

\new Staff { <<
\new Voice = "intro" { \melodyIntro }
\new Voice = "part one" \with {\consists "Ambitus_engraver"} { \melodyI }

}

(note the << and >> to make this parallel music).

Changing it to polyphonic and adding spacers for the introduction gives a single ambitus at beginning of the introduction.

Regards,
TY