Re: Smarter automatic beam subdivision?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Smarter automatic beam subdivision?
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 11:23:00 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rutger Hofman" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 11:03 AM
Subject: Smarter automatic beam subdivision?

Good morning list,

I would love to be able to make 'smart' automatic beam subdivision, so, for example, it automatically subdivides 16th at the quarter, but 32nds or 6/4* 16th etc at the eighths. Is there a way to accomplish that?

Btw, the current syntax to do ad-hoc subdivision by hand is uhm... verbose... I wouldn't mind if the syntax would allow things like:

c32[[ c c c] c[ c c c]]

where the number of non-divided beams would follow The Rules.

Rutger

Have you looked at the section of the NR: "How automatic beaming works"? I think it will allow you to work out how to do what you want.

--
Phil Holmes