Re: Fixed number of Systems on page

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Fixed number of Systems on page
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 12:32:20 +0200

Hi Urs,

Am 03.04.2014 11:54, schrieb Urs Liska:
> is it possible to enforce a specific number of systems on a specific page?
> For example to say: "I want a given music (e.g. between two manual page
> breaks) on that page, but I also want to have it on 5 systems"?
with lilypond anything should be possible with a little bit of coding ;)

> Or similarly asked: "Please distribute the following 50 measures on 16
> staves."
> It that's currently not possible (which I assume) is there a reason
> against it, or a reason why it is complicated to implement?
It is not easy ...
You have the paper-variables for system-count (and for page-count).
When you combine that with forced pagebreaks, you might get close to
that request. *But IIUC* the page-variable will not change while
iterating the music. When the layout process is started, all iteration
is already done.

--snip-- % silly example just to show the rules
\version "2.18.0"
\include "editorial-tools/edition-engraver/definitions.ily"

\paper {
  systems-per-page = #5
}
\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \consists \editionEngraver forced.pages

\addEdition pages
\editionMod pages 10 0/1 forced.pages.Score.A \pageBreak
\editionMod pages 25 0/1 forced.pages.Score.A \pageBreak

\new Staff \with {
  \consists \editionEngraver forced.pages
} { \repeat unfold 50 \relative c'' { bes b c cis } }
--snip--

Lets think a bit more about it ...

Best, Jan-Peter