Re: The pleasantry of Lilyponding

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: The pleasantry of Lilyponding
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 07:43:07 -0700 (PDT)

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
> It’s like a mixture of a logical puzzle and a strategy game, with the
> pleasant side effect that it is not just for fun, but you get a result
> which can be ported to real life and has an actual use for other people!

I think you're right.  I have noticed the following scenario:  I will be
working on a particular problem (with LilyPond but also with similar
"coding" tasks) and I get a lot of satisfaction out of finally solving it.
Then when I tell someone else about it, it doesn't seem like such a big deal
to them because they are just focusing on the results and don't appreciate
the difficulties in the process.  So I've realized that the satisfaction I
get is often proportional to the challenge of the task rather than to the
results.  Very much like a logical puzzle or game.

-Paul