Getting rid of initial brace on piano score

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Getting rid of initial brace on piano score
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:26:03 +0100

I want to get rid of the brace on the first line of a piano score, but keep it for the rest of the score.

I tried the snippet below, but this gets rid of it for all the lines, in spite of the \once command. If I uncomment the lines in each staff and comment in the command in the PianoStaff I get the same effect.

Is there any way I can do this?

The rationale is that I need to paste this into existing printed music, and it makes the cutting easier.

\version "2.16.2"

global = {
 \key c \major
 \time 4/4
}
\language "english"
\layout {
indent=9.5\cm
}

right = \relative c'' {
 \global
 \once \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##f
 \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
%  \once \override Score.SystemStartBrace #'stencil = ##f
 c1 c1 c1 \break c1 c1

}

left = \relative c' {
 \global
 \once \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##f
 \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
 %\once \override Score.SystemStartBrace #'stencil = ##f

c1 c1 c1 c1 c1

}

\score {

 \new PianoStaff
 <<
   \once \override Score.SystemStartBrace #'stencil = ##f
   \new Staff = "right" \right
   \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass \left }

}

Regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden