Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 22:32:29 +0100

David, you wrote Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:40 PM

> Well, you wrote:
>
>> I use lilypond-book under Windows, but only for compiling sections of
>> the documentation.  It works fine for me, even 2.19.3.  I don't use
>> Latex at all.
>
> Now if you use lilypond-book successfully under Windows for compiling
> sections of the documentation, then obviously _some_ command is used for
> generating some output.  If that program isn't texi2pdf, then that's
> what we should be using for linewidth detection as well.  Or at least
> something that gets us as close as possible.
>
> Can you actually produce a PDF in some manner?

No.  I use texi2html, which does work under windows.  It's quite adequate
for me to check that the section of the docs compiles with my changes,
and to give me an idea of the effect of any formatting.  It's the way I've
done all my doc work, which amounts to getting on for half the NR
and rather more than half the LM.

AFAIK html doesn't have the concept of linewidth.

Trevor