Re: python 2.6 in GUB Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: python 2.6 in GUB Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 10:44:19 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <address@hidden>; "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Br. Samuel Springuel" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; "Julien Rioux" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2014 2:42 AM
Subject: python 2.6 in GUB Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 08:53:04AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup writes:
>
>> So my first impulse would be to throw out the workaround for 2.4.2 >> that
>
> Let's do that.

Well, issue 1933
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1933> would
suggest that this is a bad idea.  Nothing substantially has changed
since then.  I'm currently trying to get the TEXINPUTS stuff integrated
into the Mingw fix to arrive back at a working lilypond-book, but of
course it is to be hoped that moving Python forward to 2.6 might make
that problem go away.  But it will take longer to figure that out.

Doesn't Julien have GUB with python 2.6 ready for testing?  I
would move forward on that before diving into the dark waters of
os.popen in python 2.4.  I remember bug 1933; it was really
annoying.

Cheers,
- Graham

I should be able to test GUB with Julien's Python 2.6 later this week. I'd just like to check the process. I click the "Merge pull request" at https://github.com/gperciva/gub/pull/6 and this pushes Julien's changes into the GUB repo? I then pull the GUB repo on my GUB VM and this will get the changes into my version of GUB? I then make lilypond as usual. What if it doesn't work? We then need to test the built binaries: should I put them on my own website for people to grab and test, or do a normal upload?

--
Phil Holmes